Importing Vehicles into Canada
Get it right the first time
If you plan to import into Canada from the United States, you'll need to navigate a long list of rules, regulations, processes, and costs after making your purchase.
For individual and commercial importers, Cole International provides the full range of services to ensure your vehicle import runs smoothly.
It's what we do.
To provide vehicle importers with the most efficient and reliable service possible, Cole International has established a department dedicated to vehicle-related imports. From a customs and logistics company whose track record is second to none, you get:
- ‘One-stop’ service from anywhere in Canada for all your vehicle import needs
- An experienced representative assigned specifically to your account – your assurance that all your questions and needs will be handled personally by a member of our vehicle import team intimately familiar with your import
- Real-time information at your fingertips through Cole Portal – a valuable, no-charge service that provides online access to your active and historical import information
Vehicle Import Services
- Arrange for transportation (if required)
- Manage your Automated Export System (AES) filing
- Apply for and monitor the U.S. Customs 72-hour requirement
- Establish an import account including Import Business Number (required for personal and commercial imports)
- Pay all applicable duties (if not North American manufactured), GST, Excise (automotive air conditioning & Fuel Consumption/Green Tax, if applicable)
- Prepare RIV Inspection Form 1, pay RIV fee, remit Recall Letter, monitor and secure RIV Form 2
- Prepare and submit all import-related documents in advance of your vehicle’s arrival at the border.